Several times a month, associations and organizations disseminate information on IT integration through Profweb. Each week, texts appear containing information on current events, new products and tips to help you profit from technology in your classroom.
Profweb, the Quebec college crossroad for IT integration, has been providing technology support to teachers who wish to integrate ICT into teaching and learning for eight years now.
Profweb collaborates both virtually and face-to-face with numerous partners of the Quebec College Network. It promotes the products and services offered by these associations that work with great enthusiasm and passion for IT integration in the field of education. The fruits of their efforts appear in Profweb’s columns almost every week presenting new pedagogical approaches as well as information on available resources.
Last year our columns presented information on technology as a tool for self-assessment as well as a look at the growing use and challenges of tablet computers in education.
Hundreds of columns are available on the Profweb site. Among those that were particularly popular last year are the following:
- Using Wikipedia to Create an e-Textbook from Vitrine Technologie-Éducation which illustrates how to create a digital book from the omnipresent online encyclopedia in just a few clicks.
- The SHERPA Digital Learning Portfolio is… which presents this educational digital portfolio created by and for teachers in our college and university system.
- Ready-to-jump-on-the-it-bandwagon This article highlights the work of early adopters of technology in teaching.
- You’re Already Contributing to the Development of Your Students’ IT and Technology Skills explains activities that contribute to student mastery of information and technology skills that are contained in the ICT Student Profile. This column will make you more aware of this phenomenon.
- The Rights and Responsibilities of Publishing Digital Course Notes from the CDC (Centre de documentation collégial) presents the copyright context of digital course notes.
In the coming months, Profweb will continue to work with various associations and organizations to promote the integration of ICT in order to keep you informed about what is happening in the college system. You will find information about the latest release of Moodle (Moodle’s Worldview) or services offered by the CCDMD (Collegial Centre for Educational Materials Development). We will also provide information about how to explore the frontiers of information technology in your classroom using programs of the Entente Canada Québec (The Entente Canada-Québec 2013-2014 : A Partnership That Gets Results).
Finally, we will continue to update you on the news, whether for advanced research (Research on the integration of IT into college-level teaching: more than yesterday, less than tomorrow) or IT presentations at colleges (Dawson’s Tech Talks) or for provincial events not to be missed such as the communication calls of the AQPC (Association québécoise de pédagogie collégiale) and ACPQ (Association des collèges privés du Québec) and the launch of their programming, as well as deadlines for submitting PAREA projects (Programme d’aide à la recherche sur l’enseignement et l’apprentissage) or the Prix du ministre.
The best way to be informed of the texts that are published weekly in Profweb is unquestionably to subscribe to our newsletter – Profweb Expresso. The weekly newsletter highlights recent additions to the site in addition to events and tips on different tools. Don’t miss out on all that Profweb has to offer!