Energy and Synergy… for Higher Education
Here is a taste of the 2015 AQPC Symposium programming. In all, there will be 122 presentations, including 5 keynote presentations and 6 thematic meetings. Energy and Synergy… For Higher Education, the theme for this year’s symposium, mirrors the values of the people from the region that will be welcoming the delegates. It is the Saguenay region that will be hosting the college network from June 3rd to 5th, with the Cégep de Chicoutimi and the Cégep de Jonquière extending the invitation.
Energetic Keynote Speakers
Who doesn’t know Pierre Lavoie and hasn’t been touched by his story, his will, and his energy? We will have the distinct pleasure of hearing from him during the opening plenary, when he will reflect with us on the importance of the commitment of each individual to rise to the occasion of numerous personal, professional and social challenges. Beyond his presentation, his exemplary commitment and his spirit will certainly permeate the entire symposium.
The other conferences also look very promising:
- France Côté, from Cégep Marie-Victorin and Hélène Lévesque, from the Cégep de Sainte-Foy, will reveal the results of their work on evaluating the contribution of individual students within group assignments.
- René Duchemin, from the Cégep de Trois-Rivières will, for his part, speak about teaching attitudes. Beginning with a realistic approach, and using concrete examples, he will cover the three essential ingredients for teaching attitudes – energy, synergy and attitude.
- In his presentation entitled 5 Practices You Want in Your eLearning Design Strategy, Patrick Devey, of Concordia University will present certain issues that cropped up and the solutions that were put into place to ensure the quality and success of eLearning courses.
- Finally, Jean-Marie Zeitouni, Artistic Director of i Musici de Montréal, will use music to illustrate the advantages of ‘Making Together.’
This year, the AQPC selected 6 Meetings for its program:
- The Rendez-vous des conseillers pédagogiques will be an opportunity to launch a new virtual community of practice for Education Advisors.
- The Rendez-vous des cadres (Managers’ meeting) organised by the Association des cadres de collèges will focus on the contribution of managers in exchanges that promote the transfer of expertise and the transforming the energy of individuals into synergy for the institution.
- The Rendez-vous de la réussite, coordinated by the Carrefour de la réussite au collégial, will primarily focus on the underlying conditions for efficient peer tutoring.
- The Rendez-vous des Maitres de PERFORMA will once again provide an opportunity to learn about the results of research projects organized by the graduates of PERFORMA programs.
- The Rendez-vous de l’internationalisation de la formation, organized by the Direction des affaires internationales of the Fédération des Cégeps, offers three activities focusing on the benefits of developing an international presence for colleges.
- The Rendez-vous des Premières Nations, organized by the symposium’s host colleges will provide an opportunity to exchange information on student success for Native students. This meeting is an excellent opportunity to learn about project outcomes from the Cégep de Baie-Comeau and the practices in place at Kiuna Institution.
Spotlight on ICTs
On the whole, the symposium program includes 27 presentations that are specifically linked to the use of ICTs in teaching. Among these, we find:
- Presentations about pedagogical strategies for flipped classrooms
- Stories about the use of existing tools such as the iPad
- Presentations that propose new tools for the design of ICT products
Need we even mention that you shouldn’t miss the workshops that explore the resources that are offered by Profweb?
In French or en anglais… and From a Distance
A simultaneous translation service from French-to-English and English-to-French will be offered for the five keynote presentations. This service will also be offered at Workshop 607, which will present Applied Bachelors programs being offered in Ontarian colleges.
We are also pleased to announce that AQPC is working on broadcasting the keynote addresses live on the Internet so that they will be available to members of the Association. More details to come in the next few weeks.
Travel and Lodging
As usual, the main conference hotel for the AQPC symposium is completely sold out. The APQC has put together a list of alternative accommodations on its website. The AQPC will be offering shuttle service between the main hotels and the Hôtel Le Montagnais where the symposium is taking place.
Additionally, the AQPC will be organizing ground transportation for travel to Saguenay. Participants will have three options: A departure from Rimouski, with stops in Rivière-du-Loup and La Pocatière. Another option departs from Montreal with a stop in Trois-Rivières. The third option departs from Quebec City. For those who are interested, you can reserve your spot when you register for the symposium.
Have a Look and Register… Now!
You are now able to have a look at the symposium program on the event’s website. The registration service will be active before the end of the month. The printed version of the symposium program will be delivered to the colleges in mid-April. You can now start preparing your schedule and reserve June 3rd to 5th in your agenda.
For more information on the symposium, you can also visit the Association’s website.